TOP VIEW POINTS IN THEKKADYFebbraio 22, 2016
THEKKADY FLOWER SHOW 2016Aprile 3, 2016
- Egg- 1 large
- Powdered sugar- 1/2 cup(75
- Baking soda- 1/4 tsp
- All purpose flour- 1 cup(few tbsp more ,as required)
- Cardamom powder- 1/4 tsp(see notes)
- Oil- for deep frying
- In a large bowl,mix together egg and powdered sugar until combined.
- Add baking soda,all purpose flour and cardamom powder.
- Mix well until combined.
- Knead gently to form a smooth dough.(If the dough is sticky,add 1 or 2 tbsp more all purpose flour.)Keep aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two ,form each half into a rectangular log.( or just shape whole of the dough into a large rectangular log for slightly larger cakes)
- Using a sharp knife ,slice the dough into 3/4 to 1″ thick slices.Make two deep cuts on each slice,as shown in the picture.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry,over a medium heat,until it turns golden brown.
- Drain on to a kitchen towel, allow it to cool completely.Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Make sure you fry the cakes over a medium heat.If the oil is too hot,the outside of the cakes will brown too quickly and inside will be under cooked.
- Do not over fry the cakes,if you do so it will be a bit too hard to eat.
- For best results use freshly ground cardamom powder.
- You can make 28 to 30 small cakes or 14 to 15 larger cakes from the above mentioned quantity.